- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Borders Fixings collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Data essential to process your orders and fulfil sales.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Borders Fixings with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online, open an account or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Borders Fixings collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account and process orders.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
When Borders Fixings processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Borders Fixings securely stores your data on our remote server within the UK. Our hosting company employs the most up-to-date and robust security measures.
Borders Fixings will keep your account information for a period of 7 years after your last transaction in line with HMRC requirements.
Borders Fixings would like to occasionally send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Borders Fixings from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please let us know, either in writing or via email.
What are your data protection rights?
Borders Fixings would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Borders Fixings for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Borders Fixings correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Borders Fixings to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Borders Fixings erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Borders Fixings restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Borders Fixings’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Borders Fixings transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details under the How to contact us section below.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Borders Fixings uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Borders Fixings uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and you can find out how to remove cookies from your browser at allaboutcookies.org. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Telephone: 01835 867072
Or write to us: Unit 2 Riverside Works, Edinburgh Road, Jedburgh, TD8 6EA
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Borders Fixings has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office — ico.org.uk